- By law, Phoenix Health Plans HMO may choose not to renew its contract with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). CMS may choose not to renew its contract with Phoenix Health Plans. The termination of the contract between CMS and Phoenix Health Plans would result in termination or non-renewal and this may result in the termination of a beneficiary's enrollment in Phoenix Health Plans. In addition, Phoenix Health Plans may reduce its service area and no longer offer services in the area where a beneficiary resides
- Premiums, co-pays, co-insurance, and deductibles may vary based on the level of Extra Help you receive. Please contact the plan for further details.
- The benefit information provided is a brief summary, not a complete description of benefits. For more information contact the plan.
- Limitations, copayments, and restrictions may apply.
- Benefits, formulary, pharmacy network, provider network, premium and/or co-payments/co-insurance may change on January 1 of each year.
- You must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium.
- If you are a full-dual eligible enrollee your monthly Part B premium is paid by the State.
- If you are a full-dual eligible enrollee your monthly Part B premium is paid by the State. Premiums, co-pays, co-insurance, and deductibles may vary based on the level of Extra Help you receive. Please contact the plan for further details.
- Medicare beneficiaries may also enroll in Phoenix Health Plans through the CMS Medicare Online Enrollment Center located at http://www.medicare.gov.
- Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-Star rating system. Star Ratings are calculated each year and may change from one year to the next.
- Phoenix Health Plans is an HMO and HMO SNP plan with a Medicare contract and a contract with the Arizona Medicaid program. Enrollment in Phoenix Health Plans depends on contract renewal.
- Medicare beneficiaries may also enroll in Phoenix Health Plans through the CMS Medicare Online Enrollment Center located at http://www.medicare.gov
- During seminars a sales person will be present with information and applications. For accommodation of persons with special needs at sales meetings, call (855) 674-9309 or TTY (800) 842-4681.
- This information is available for free in other languages. Please contact our customer service number at 1-888-864-1114 or TTY (800) 842-4681 seven days a week, 8am to 8pm from October 1st to February 14th; or Monday - Friday, 8am to 8pm from February 15th to September 30th.
- Esta información está disponible gratuitamente en otros lenguajes. Por favor comuníquese al número para servicio al cliente a 1-888-864-1114 o TTY (800) 842-4681. Horario es 1 Octubre, 2015 – 14 Febrero, 2016: 8 a.m. a 8 p.m., los siete días a la semana, y 15 Febrero – 30 Septiembre, 2016: 8 a.m. a 5 p.m., de lunes a viernes.
- Phoenix Health Plans es un plan HMO y HMO SNP con un contrato de Medicare y un contrato con el programa de Medicaid de Arizona. Inscripción en Phoenix Health Plans depende de la renovación del contrato.
H5985_023-2017 Pending Approval (Updated 9/30/16)